Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Double D, All White

Good Morning!

 It's time for another FUN Challenge over at the Double D Challenge Blog. 

Check out your inspiration this time:

 
 
I will admit, right here, right now, that these are difficult cards for me to create, almost as tough as making a CAS design.....almost.  But this is what I came up with.  I think at one point I just kept adding layers lol  They don't call it a Challenge for nothing!
 

 
 
 
 
Of course I started with Pure Luxury White card stock by Gina K Designs.  I then started to create a 'base panel' of sorts.  I used the MFT Vertical Frame die cut and then proceeded to place a Lattice die cut from the Garden Gate Kit by Papertrey Ink.  If you look closely you may be able to see it.  These were layered over a doily which I cut in half, a piece on either side.
 
 
 

 
 
Then I just started decorating and topping that panel.  Die cuts in; Paper Smooches, Foliage 3, Poppy Stamps, Dogwood Blossom Corner, MFT Fancy Flourish and Impression Obsession Birds.  All layered in there.  Finally topping with that magnificent butterfly by Crafty Ann, Butterfly 6.  Then I grabbed my Adhesive Pearls. Started with the flower centers.  Then the bird's eyes.  Then willy nilly all over, really no rhyme or reason......as you can tell.  lol
 
 
 


Lots of texture.




 
 
Lots of dimension.
 
I must say this was kind of fun to create.  No sentiment.....I have a bad record with all white cards and inks! 
 
Please come on over to the Double D Blog and join in all of the FUN!  You'll be glad you did because there is a wonderful prize up for grabs!
 
Thanks for flitting in.
 
Enjoy~~




14 comments:

  1. Wow! Fabulous! Love all the layered bits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, with all of these layers your card is fabulous. I can just picture you in your craft room, music going, and you don't stop until it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully created Donna and one would never know you struggle with all white as you nailed it! Love all your pretty layers and dimension and how it all flows so beautifully together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZA! This is GORGEOUS Donna! I know what you mean about CAS difficulty and white-on-white used to trouble me as well. But the more I do them the better I seem to be getting. I think you did an AMAZING job on this creation! Just gorgeous with all the beautiful layers and pearls! That butterfly as the focus is PERFECT! Great job and we are so thrilled you are on our team! Always an inspiration with your creativity!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hardest part for you must be doing without your papers. Gorgeous design and lovely layers. Your are right white in white is about texture and dimension and you captured them both in this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowie, Donna! I'd never guess this was difficult for you because it looks like you knew exactly what you were doing and it turned out amazing! LOVE all the dies you used and your willy nilly pearls. Birds always add a touch of sweetness, too. I've been admiring this card since I first saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna my dear this is GORGEOUS!! Love the layering and delicate dies. Pearls always add a classy touch. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my GEEEEE!!!! Just look at all those luscious, lovey layers. I LOVE it!!! This is a stunning work of art, it wants a frame! You have outdone yourself here, my dear. TRULY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Donna! Just adding layers seemed to do it for you! You came up with a gorgeous combination!!! Is a winner for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Donna!! Every...last...willy, nilly, detail! So many layers to admire. I couldn't make a CAS card to save my life either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning Donna! I do love white on white, and CAS (as you know!)and you have captured both beautifully, with lots of lovely layers too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hard to say for sure, Dear Other One, but I think this is my favorite card yet! Frilliness, yet elegant. Lots of textures, but not overly done, beautifully layered, too. Gorgeousness, Donna! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very elegant and absolutely gorgeous Donna! love all the trimmings and the way you have put it all together - a real stunner for me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are the layering queen of cardmaking after seeing this gorgeous creation! I don't know how you managed to use all those beautiful dies and elements, but they all work impressively together! I absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete