Friday, January 3, 2014

Shake It Up!

Happy New Year! 

Here's my first Challenge card of this wintery new year.  We have had snow over the past 2 days, and it's still coming down.  Thankfully it is light and fluffy, although there is a ton of it.  I am letting the man of the house tackle it, I don't mind shoveling, but it's much easier if you can get your door open.

 
 
Flourishes #252, Shake It Up, is to create a shaker card.  Using their sentiment stamp from, Holiday Topiaries, I created this Valentine Shaker Card.  Paper is from K & Company.   I found this easy way to make shaker cards by cutting out a shape from fun foam, using dies.  Using 2 circle dies I created a foam O.  The inside of that shape becomes the 'well' for the glitter and beads.  Makes it super easy.  You can also make other shapes depending on your die sets.  I then use Scor Tape to adhere that down to card stock, making sure I get as close as possible to the inside, making a good tight seal, so glitter and beads will not 'shake' out.  I then add my shaking materials, beads, glitter, etc and top with a piece of acetate also cut using the same size die.  On this card I used a doily to cover the edges up, cutting out the center portion so you could see the window.  It's really very easy to make, harder to explain.
 
***I have looked all over the web and haven't been able to find the video***

 
Ribbon, adhesive pearls, a designer heart brad, and a paper arrow complete the design.
 
Although there is a blizzard raging outdoors, I am soooooo happy to be making something other than a Christmas card. 
 
Happy long weekend all, and if you are experiencing the weather I am, be safe!
 
 
Enjoy~~

7 comments:

  1. Geez, I haven't made a shaker card in forever. They ARE fun to do. Yours is so cute - great valentine card. Stay warm my friend!! Love your blustery pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, on to something other than Christmas cards. I like Christmas, but I need to create something else. Love this take on a shaker card. Lots of texture going on and little hearts. The doily looks so real, and I love the extra touches. It looks like our day yesterday, so stay in and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute shaker card! Love the doily around it! We got hit with snow here, too. About 8 inches and freezing temperatures. A little drifting. According to the news you probably got a lot more than we did. Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your valentine shaker card and I love that lace around it! Beautiful dp too! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on the weather! We keep getting just enough time to clean up from one storm before the next one hits. Already over 3 feet of snow this winter...blech!
    This card is AWESOME! I love the ribbon & stick pin, and the doily. And don't you just hate when you can't find something on the web? Argh. Thanks so much for playing with the shaker card challenge at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, Donna. MY! OH! MY! what a snow storm. We are cold here but no snow. was 19 today. Love your shaker card. Haven't done any of these. I love the feeling of action in them, should try sometime. This is a lovely Valentine., not sure what's inside the shaker but love it. .. have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! MY! that snow looks nasty but the card is BEE-U-TI-FUL!! I was thinking of shaker cards for Valentine's now I know I'll do some. Keep warm & dry my friend

    ReplyDelete