Monday, October 31, 2022

Hello, Beautiful...Card In A Box

 Good Morning!



This card will be entered into the 




at My Favorite Things!


This Challenge is for the Box Card Master.

I read the rules numerous times and I did not see anything about using the MFT Box Card dies, so I went ahead and created my own by, hand cutting and scoring.

I found this video by Sandi McIver.


This is the piece of card stock I started with, it measures 5 1/2 x 9 inches.
Score at 2 1/8, 4 1/4, 6 3/8 and 8 1/2.
Turn.
Score at 2 3/4.
Cut at 2 1/8, 4 1/4, 6 3/8 and 8 1/2 til the 2 3/4 line.
Cut off the side tab at an angle.






Here is my creation:

So FUN to make and decorate!





I used the My Favorite Things Products;

Spread Your Wings stamp and die sets.
Essential Sentiments stamp set.
Cupcake and Sprinkles die set.
Happy Birthday Circle Frame, cropped and layered.
Perfect Plaids Designer Paper.






I adore these colors!






 I did some 'ink smooshing' on these beautiful butterflies!  

Distress Oxide inks in;
Fossilized Amber, Picked Raspberry and Spiced marmalade.
Swiped the inks on to an acrylic block, spritzed with water and then laid the die cuts into the puddling colors.  So fabulous!





Tuxedo Black ink.
Clear Embossing Powder.
Acetate Strips--the butterflies are floating!  ;)  
Diamond Stickles.
Foam Dots.






The butterflies have even found something sweet to feed upon.






Such a Happy Birthday Card In A Box!
Love that Happy Birthday arch!




Thanks one more time for fluttering by!

Enjoy~~





6 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is fantastic Donna! I love the pink and orange and yellow color scheme. It feels very citrus-sy and tropical. And, very clever figuring out how to make this box on your own without dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the rows of fluttering butterflies, gives great dimension with this box card and the cupcakes are so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your box card is smart and clever. I have to tell you a story about this color combo. When I was very young, the playground lady was handing out crepe paper for the doll buggy parade. I asked for pink and yellow. I was told that was not a good combo and I should choose another. What did she know anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Very clever and so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JUST STUNNING!! I have a hard time making a card box, can never get the placement right. You have done it perfectly here, and you have also used colors that are amazing together. This is just gorgeous, I cannot stop looking at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your butterfly garden! I'm imagining a fruit cupcake for the butterflies and a spice cake with cream cheese frosting for me!

    ReplyDelete