Monday, September 2, 2024

Guest Designer, A Cut Above, Monochromatic

Good Morning! 

I am so pleased to announce I am Guest Designing over at A Cut Above! 
 



This is a fairly new Challenge Blog hosted by my dear friend, Vicki Robertson.  

Here's a little bit about why Vicki decided to create this Fun Challenge Blog:

"I'm Vicki and a lover of all things die cut.  I created this challenge blog with the hope of sharing my love for using die cuts on the projects I create.  I've never been a huge stamper, although I have stamps in my stash that I use on occasion for sentiments or embellishing.  But, die cuts are my passion when making cards.  I have a huge collection that I plan to share while creating monthly projects for you".


This Month's Challenge is MONOCHROMATIC! 



 And here are 3 cards that I have created to help inspire you! 



#1


Many, many die cuts were used in the making of this card!
Picket Fence Cover Plate.
Scrapbook dot com Butterfly.
Spellbinders Flowers, Bow and Foliage.
Memory Box Hearts die.
Poppystamps Sentiment Banners stamp and die sets.




Tuxedo Black and Wilted Violet inks.
Swiss Dots Embossing Folder.
PFS Jewels.
Foam Squares.
Diamond Stickles.




Simon Says Stamp Birthday Wishes die set.





A little texture, a little dimension! 



#2


I used the Pinkfresh Studio Stitched Rectangles, Nested Arches dies 
and the Happy Dance and Thankful For You stamp sets.




Tuxedo Black ink.
Copic Markers.
Clear Embossing Powder.
Sakura Glaze Pen.
Sheer Ribbon.
Sequins.




Inside.




Lots of dimension! 



#3


Spellbinders Standard Circles dies.
Hero Arts Everyday Sayings stamp set.
Not Quite Navy ink.
White Embossing Powder.





Inside.





LOVE how this looks like a Blue Wave!!!  








Please come on over to the newest Challenge Blog on the block,

A Cut Above  and join in all of the FUN!!!


Here's a little bit of the 'fine print'

A little about the challenges.   They will be posted on a monthly basis beginning on the 1st Monday of the month at 12:00 AM and ending on the 28th of the month at 8:00 PM with winner posted on the 30th of that month.  All times are Eastern time zone.  Every other month will have a theme to follow and guest designers to inspire you.  That's it...just be sure to use those die cuts.  Winner is chosen by random draw and will receive a $5 GC to A Cherry On Top Craft Store  along with a dated badge to display on their craft site.

For more challenge details, check out the info
 under the guidelines tab at the top of the blog.


















3 comments:

  1. Hello Donna,
    aka over achiever! This is why you are my friend. I love that you produced more than one example for this challenge and a bit jealous. From a lot of texture with many stamps and dies, to some texture and then the simple CAS card. At least I learned something from you....I finished the inside. Glad to be here with you for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Barb said.....show off!!! HAHA!!! JK, your cards are so fun and beautiful. I LOVE monochrome and you have nailed it here will all your pretty creations. You have such an eye for color and design - ALWAYS!!! Stunning works of art here, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow you did a great job showcasing all kinds of dies. I love how many you combined on the first and they all look like they were made for each other. Your flowers on the second are just beautiful, and fun design for the last. Congrats on your guest design!

    ReplyDelete