Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Double D, Patterned Paper

Good Morning! 


A brand new Challenge is up and running over at the Double D Challenge Blog





Here is your Inspiration Tile:


Patterned Paper.



I looooove using all types of patterned papers,
so I decided to make 2 cards.
1 very subtle and 1 in your face lol



My 1st card:



Spellbinders Standard Circle, Stitched Foliage and Flourish dies.
PFS Braided Circles dies.
MB Lavender Branch die.
Tutti Designs Stitched Banner die.
Hero Arts Bold Script Background stamp.





Gina K Designs You Make Me Smile and Sweet Friendship stamp sets.
EK Success Label Punch.
Tuxedo Black and Dove Gray inks.
Tim Holtz Gold Mixative.
Simon Says Gold Mirror Paper.
Gold Twine.
PFS Jewels, 12 Pack.




Inside.




I used some very subtle and pretty floral prints 
and colors to back my circle die cuts.
Lovely!



My 2nd card is more in your face of prints and colors.





My pretty papers are by My Mind's Eye, Quite Contrary, Jack and Jill.  
I have had this little 6x6 pack for forever.  Love it!

Spellbinders Standard Circles and Scallop Circles dies.
MFT Happy Birthday Circle Frame.
Tutti Designs Stitched Banners die.




Flourishes Lots Of Thoughts stamp set.
Tuxedo Black ink.
Copic Markers.
Clear Embossing Powder.
Baker's Twine.
Sakura Glitter Pens.
Foam Dots.




I even whipped out my Janome Mini Sewing Machine and 
stitched around the entire panel and the red strip panel too!





Inside.





Lovely Layers!





2 very different cards!  



Please come on over to the Double D Blog and join in all of the FUN!




You'll be glad you did as there is always a pretty prize up for grabs!





Here's the prize for this Challenge:





Thanks for coming by!



Enjoy~~






 

8 comments:

  1. Two great cards Donna! The soft, subtle colors and design on the first card is so elegant, especially with the touches of gold. The second card is ready to party! Yeehaa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are gorgeous and you are so creative to show off two ways to use up the papers we all have. Subtle and Bold showing off two different looks and style. I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous post showing off both types of cards with the subtle and the bold, both so creatively beautiful, a great use of your papers, I think we need more patterned paper challenges lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Look at you go ... both cards are simply awesome! Thanks for always sharing such amazing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards, Donna! The subtle is very elegant and the bold is so fun. Great use of your patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're both just wonderful and show your design skills beautifully! I love the soft and pretty first card with the die cuts and bit of stamping. And then the bold colors and patterns of the second card are just the ticket for a fun and celebratory happy birthday. My Mind's Eye has always been some of my favorite papers and I still have a bunch of them. Those polka dots look familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well aren't you the fancy one, doing 2 different looks. The soft subtle one is so pretty, love that spray of leaves with the gold twine and circle cut out to show the paper beneath. And then that bright one, I think it's my favorite. I do have that circle birthday die, you used it perfectly here. And then of course the stitching. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them both, wonderful design on the first card, and such a fun card for the second, love the polka dots for a birthday and the cupcake is so cute, great framed by the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete