Sunday, October 13, 2019

Beautiful Sunflower

Back again.....and the sun is still shining!  :)


This card will be entered into the following Challenges; 

Penny Black, Pretty In Pink.








Another try at that Water Coloring Splatter Technique.

I used the Altenew stamp and die set,; Wild Hibiscus 
stamped in Amalgam Black ink.
Inside sentiment (which I forget to take a picture of) says:
Wish You The Most Beautiful Day from the Beautiful Day stamp set.
Front sentiment Heat Embossed in White from the Peony Spray stamp set.




The front flower has been cropped and backed with Foam Dots for dimension.




This last card will be entered into the Challenges at:

Power Poppy, Pop Of Personality.
Simon Says Monday, Fall/Autumn.
Stamping Sensations, Leaves, Trees or Autumn.
Allsorts, Spots Or Stripes.



I used the Power Poppy stamp sets; 
Go Wild! and In Praise Of Sunflowers.
Image stamped in Amalgam Black ink and colored with Copic Markers.
I stamped a second flower and fussy cut that out, 
layering the 2 together with Foam Dots for dimension.
Front sentiment Heat Embossed in White.
Happy Birthday stamped inside.





I thought the wonky placement of my panel 
fit in nicely with the 'pop of personality' theme.
If you know me, you'll understand!  ;)  
I scored my background every 1/4" and then swiped my Antique Linen Distress ink directly to it, 
until I got the shade I wanted.  Layered on Brick and Brown card stock.  I purposely placed the PTI Designer Paper, Canyon Clay, with the stripes going horizontally for more of a contrast.






A little bit of Orange and White Polka dotted ribbon, folded as a tab.
A bit of layering and dimension.




Happy Fall Y'All!

Enjoy~~






15 comments:

  1. You hit it right on the nose. You certainly are a sunflower. Love your card showcasing that flower. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did look at that water coloring technique. You do way better than me. This card is so gorgeous and I love the colors on your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your creations Donna! Both are so rich with the feel of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely Autumnal creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'Spots and Stripes' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are downright beautiful!! You always give me the courage to try new techniques...thanks for that, I think LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two amazingly colored cards, Miss Donna! Loving the use SPLATTER in your first creation, right down to the sweet little bird. Only a white background could properly showcase your colors - that had to be fun! And your sunflower is pure loveliness! Beautiful cards, my friend! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW these are both just beautiful my friend! Love how you've off set the bird on the first card ... great idea! Will have to check out this technique ... looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are just gorgeous, Donna!! Spectacular designs and colors! I think you have mastered the water color technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving the watercolor technique. Have always been a fan of that. Love your designs here, that sunflower is perfect with your choice of patterned papers. Love the dimension!! Always makes your cards pop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are so well designed and gorgeous! You do beautiful work and I love how you colored the focal images.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards my friend. Your coloring is awesome. I always love your wonky frames and all the dimension. The papers and colors are just so "fallish".

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully colored florals Donna! The sentiment on the sunflower card is wicked cute. Love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card, stripes and flower, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful flower. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are absolutely beautiful Donna, I espcially love how you used the colours in the inspiration to create your Altenew flowers, how clever!

    ReplyDelete