Thursday, December 3, 2015

Let It Snow, Fa La La And All That Jazz

Hello!  Well it was 54 degrees today, did a little Christmas Shopping.  I love walking in to stores that have the wreaths up and their doors open.  Tis The Season!

Today's card will be entered into the Challenges at Mod Squad, Here Are The Ingredients, You Make The Card; hosted by my BFF, Barb Campbell, Dies R Us, Christmas and Simon Says Wednesday, Let It Snow.

Here's Barb's Recipe Card:


I have added the following ingredients;  Pattern Paper, Ribbon, Rubber Stamp, Flowers, Favorite Color (Red At Christmas Time), Glitter, & Die Cut.  7 out of 9, not bad!

 
I have always admired window scene cards and shaker window scene cards, figured it was high time to make one myself.  I will admit the scene is off......can you figure out why?  ;)  I used stamp sets from Gina K Designs; A Year Of Flowers, Peace & Joy, and Winter Wonderland.  The window is a Cameo cut.  Images colored with Copic Markers and fussy cut out.

 
Sponged the background panel with shades of blue ink and stamped my pine trees, which became the inside of my Shaker.  I first filled this with blue and white sequins and lots of snowy glitter, but the sequins kept getting stuck, so I dumped most of them. Spellbinders Fancy Ribbon die, which is what my sentiment is stamped on.  Added a bit of ribbon and used Sakura Glaze Pens, white on the holly berries and yellow for the poinsettia centers.  I made the icicle strip at the top with glossy Accents and Glitter, super easy and very effective!
 
Thanks so much for popping by. 
 
Did you figure out what is wrong with my scene?  I'll let you know in my next post!  ;)
 
Merry Merry!


13 comments:

  1. This is so incredibly cute! This is so well thought out and detailed. It is really a fun and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, this card is fantastic! Your coloring is wonderful and I love the sparkle and checked ribbon. Thanks for joining the Dies R Us December Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful and I love the icicle strip that you created

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, Donna! You have outdone it this time. Your snow scene card is marvelous. So many details. The flowers look like they are in a flower box. The scene outside is snowy and love the sentiment and trimming on the window. All together, a gorgeous card. Thanks for playing in the challenge this week at the Mod Squad. I have the answer ;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Absolutely AWESOME Donna! Love the scene you've created! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘CHRISTMAS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGEEEEEE!!!! I love this so much!!! I can tell that you really gave it some thought. All the elements (and there are many of them, of course, it's a Donna card) work perfectly here. I love the warm toasty feel, seems very country! Really awesome shaker card, I'm in awe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so very beautiful! I can see a winner in this design. I love it! A beautiful and festive shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love window scenes and this one is so great because you had a larrge area for your scene. I see nothing wrong with it and I refuse to study it to see if I can, As you tell me so often , my friend, we are too critical of our own work, I love the year of boarders on the window sill. I would never have thought of using it this way. Love your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME!!! I have seen many window scene cards that I like but none compare to this one. You outdid yourself my dear. I am surprised you only used 7 of the 9 ingredients though....tee-hee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this scene! You've added so much, and every bit of it works well together. Love how you did the ice on the window with the glitter and glossy accents. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely!! The shaker window is awesome!! It's on my to do list one day! This would be a great entry over at Emerald Creek Dares Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness this is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us for our 'Christmas' challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello Donna! so pretty, luv the gorgeous window scene...beautiful poinsettias. I am so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete