Sunday, December 20, 2015

Bless You

Good Morning! 
 
Heading into the home stretch.  Hope you are checking things off your list in a stress-free kind of way!  
 
I made this Sympathy card for a dear, sweet man. 
 
 
This card uses the Flourishes stamp sets Anemones and That's A Wrap.    It also has an embossed feature using a die.  I saw this idea at Couture Creations, Kerrie shows you how to use dies for embossing, really cool and it works!  I used the MFT die Vertical Greetings.     

 
I used my Minc and some Gold Foil on a thin strip of paper (the toner paper sheets that Heidi Swapp sells) and also on the Spellbinders Fancy Ribbon Threader dies.  They make a lovely accent in gold.
 
 
Corner Rounder Punch and A Pinch Of White Wink Of Stella.  Images colored with Copic Markers.
 
This card will be entered into the following Challenges;
 
MFT Sketch  I 'Mirror Imaged' mine
Mod Squad, Anything But Christmas
Simon Says Monday, Just A Pinch
 
 
Thanks so much for coming by.....time to wrap.....and grocery shop.....and finish decorating....and wrap some more.
 
Merry Merry!

 
 
 
 
 
 




8 comments:

  1. Once I could take my eyes off of this beautiful sympathy card, I will go over to see what Kerrie showed you. Love the design with the gold and the simple gorgeous rose. The embossing and the sentiment are so classy and I think I know who you maybe sending this to. You are so thoughtful. Now, you can get your wrapping and cooking and shopping done. Merry,Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely. I don't know who you will be sending it to, but I know it will be a comfort. LOVE the gold foiling. I can't wait to play more with that after the holidays. That image is just beautiful, as is the embossing with the die. I can't wait to try that either. All in good time....we only have so many hours in a day...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful and is sure to bring comfort to the recipient. Love the foil and embossing with a die. On my way now to see what Kerrie has to show. Happy wrapping, cooking & shopping. Ho, Ho, HO!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and great take on the challenge, thanks so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a charming card you've made! As always, it's a pleasure to see what that clever mind of yours has come up with. I really like the metallic touches and thought those vertical strips were genius! I thought this was the perfect balance of elements for a sympathy card and I'm sure the man who receives it will be touched by the beauty of the card and by the fact that you made it by hand. Way to use your talents for good! Thank you for sharing this charming project with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT take on sketch! Love the die cut details and dry embossing! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Die Crazy” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very beautiful! I love the rose image and adding the gold really makes it an outstanding card design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card--great how you flipped the Sketch! :) Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete