Friday, January 10, 2014

Let's Get In Shape.....

......if only it were THIS easy!  Today's Challenge finds me over at Flourishes, #253, make a shaped card (other than a square or rectangle). 

I found a 'shape' in my Cameo Studio, it looks like a square peg in a round hole.  :)  A perfect shape for this lovely teacup image from the Grab A Cup stamp set available from Flourishes.


I colored the image with Copic markers and then cut it out using Spellbinder's dies, Classic and Lacy Circles, all layered on a white doily.  I also colored some seam binding ribbon with a pink Copic marker too, works like magic!  Added some ribbon flowers, adhesive pearls, a touch of sparkle to the lemon with a Sakura clear star pen and some pink Stickles to the stamped flowers to finish the look.  I love the vintage feel and flavor to this card.  This reminds me of my Nana Amy's Bone China teacups, how I treasure them!

Thanks for popping in......now go stamp something!  ;)

10 comments:

  1. This is Gorgeous! Love everything......its so feminine! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love THIS!!!!! I need to get out that stamp - I printed it out for reference. Beautiful card, beautiful coloring!! WELL DONE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooo pretty! Your coloring is lovely Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, pretty, pretty!!! So feminine and your coloring is awesome as usual. You're right, it's a perfect Mother's Day card

    ReplyDelete
  5. So strikingly happy! I love this card...it automatically put a smile on my face :) !!! Thank you for joining us...~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. PERFECT TEA TIME CREATION!!!! I'd LOOOOVE to receive an INVITATION looking like this!!!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and feminine feeling Donna! I love how the flowers in the saucer pair with the embellishments! Thanks for playing along with us at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Donna! Your image is colored beautifully, and your card shape and custom colored seam binding ribbon compliment your tea cup perfectly! I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Donna your shaped card is absolutely gorgeous! Love those sweet pink roses and your coloring is spot on! Don't you just love how we can coordinate our ribbon and embellishments to match !
    Have a Blessed day! xo

    ReplyDelete