Saturday, January 11, 2014

Feeling Blue

Today's card is entered into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, Blues and the Stamp TV MIUM Challenge, Monochromatic

 
My Father In Law's birthday is actually Valentine's Day.  I may use this for both celebrations.  A very simple card to make.  I cut the heart out using my Cameo, I then ran it through my Corrugator hand tool to add the texture.  I find it makes the heart more manly!  lol  Added a large button threaded with Baker's Twine and topped with an enamel brad.  A little bit of ribbon, tag stamped with the sentiment from the True Love stamp set from Gina K Designs, and another enamel brad.  Done!  Super easy, super quick!
 
I like the idea of using NON traditional colors for Holiday cards.......you may remember some of my black and white Christmas cards.  ;)
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
 
Enjoy~~

5 comments:

  1. Great layout - very masculine. Love how you have used the twine and the corrigating too. I'm about to dig that out and use it on some kraft. Tom's dad will love it. Pretty cool to have your birthday on Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlfriend, great masculine Valentine/birthday card. You're right, corrugating the heart does make it more masculine. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Donna! Now I'm going to have to get one of those crimping tools. Love the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Donna! Love the great big heart, and your background paper AND your button and, and and..it's just Grrreat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love your masculine Valentine's day card! The dp is awesome just perfect for this type of cards and I love the blue heart! Fabulous job my dear!

    ReplyDelete