Monday, May 31, 2021

By The Seashore

  Good Morning! 

My dear friend, Barbara Campbell is Guest Designing over at 


Make The Cards Challenge



  So you know I am going to support her Challenge!


I am also entering this card into the Challenges at:

Simon Says Monday, Inspired By An Artist--
Inspired By Jen McGuire and her use of her Gel Press, 
here is one VIDEO, but she has many. 

Simon Says Wednesday, Anything Goes.

The Card Concept, Anchors Away.






Here's what I created!
I am giving this to my Hubby for our Anniversary in July # 33.



I created backgrounds using my Gel Press.
Layering water color paints and inks and Heidi Swapp Color Shine.
Using an Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die, I created my own stencil, 
then sponged on a bit of White Pigment ink.






Nautical images by Simon Says stamp and die sets; Sail Away.
Die Version Curly Word XOXO die.
Memory Box Homespun Heart and Classic Stitched Heart Rings dies, cropped.
Gold Paper.
Copic Markers.
Clear Embossing Powder.






Border stamp by Gina K Designs, True Love set.
Amalgam Black, Blushing Bride and Night Of Navy inks.







 And a Bonus card:


Another Gel Press background, 
using that same Fanciful Flourish by Cheery Lynn as a stencil and White Pigment ink.
Water color paints and Heidi Swapp Color Shine.
Inks in, Night Of Navy and Wild Wasabi.





Die Versions Scallop Shell (cut from Vellum) and A Little Lime Font dies.
Stampin' Up! By The Sea.
Glitter Paper.
Gold Foil Paper. 






Inside.



Thanks for stopping by!


Enjoy~~





12 comments:

  1. What a precious beach card. Your work is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Make the Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beach card is amazing and I am not surprised as your talent is evident. I was wondering when we would see that gel plate technique. Thanks so much for entering and for being my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both gorgeous Donna! I love how you did the background especially. Your cards are the second ones I've seen this morning made with a gel press. I don't even know what that is. haha! (yes, I live under a very big rock.) Hubby and I are one year behind you. Congrats on 33 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! YOU GO GIRL! These are both FABULOUS! The backgrounds are amazing! You & Barb have outdone yourselves on this challenge! I'm so proud to say you are my friends!
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Cards Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    MAKE THE CARDS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Mixed Media feel of your cards and so fun with gel backgrounds. I am sure your husband will love it! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are awesome, I love your backgrounds and how you used that flourish die with them, such a cool touch to them! Love your die cut sentiments with both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both awesome Donna!! Your gel backgrounds amazing.
    Congrats on 33 years. We'll celebrate 58 years July 13.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have rocked that gel press technique. Isn't it addictive? I love what you have done here. The colors, the texture, the focal....they all scream DOOOOOONAAAA. These are out of the park, well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so very gorgeous! Wonderful background design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card you made :-)) I like how you take "two things"!
    Thanks for playing with us at MTCC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful! I am sure your hubby will love the anniversary card, and I adore the sentiment on the second one! Thanks for sharing these with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous background! Thanks for joining us at Make the Cards Challenge!

    ReplyDelete