Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Happy New Home

Good Morning!  

Finally had some time to play in the craft room!

This card will be entered into the following Challenges;

Memory Box, Patterned Paper.
Scrapy Land, Anything Goes!

After over 2 years of discussing and coaxing my Father In Law has finally decided to sell his home and move to an Assisted Living Facility.  It is so beautiful and not far from his house that he will still see all of his friends and neighbors and he will take his car and still be able to get out and about under his own steam.  We, all of the kids, are happy and thrilled to see him find a good match.  
He may just meet his newest bestest friend here!

This card is for him:





I used the Designer Paper pack by PTI, Chocolate Remix.  
I swear my FIL has a shirt that matches this very print.
Memory Box Layered Robin and Woodland Branch dies. 
Paper Smooches Foliage 1 die and Bird House die, which was layered 4 times.  
Tutti Designs Cross Stitched Nesting Rectangles die. 
Adhesive Pearls colored with Copic Markers.






I used the Karen Burniston Twist Panel Pop Up die set.
This die set can turn any style card into one that has a WOW Factor.
Easy to create with them too!
PTI Phrase Play #5 die.
2" Alphabet dies.
MFT Fancy Flourish die.
Gina K Designs, Home Tweet Home stamp set.




This will still fit into a regular A2 size envelope.....luckily it will be hand delivered 
as the postage would be extra extra!

It was FUN to create this Twist Panel Pop Up card!



Thanks for popping by!

Enjoy~~

11 comments:

  1. I wish your FIL well in his move to the assisted living. It can be a hard adjustment, especially at the start.
    I love the design of this card. very nice! Thanks for joining us this time at Scrapy Land Challenges. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Donna! What a handsome, but darling, card! Beautiful rich brown tones and a delightful insert! I'm sure it was a difficult decision for FIL, but I'm glad you were all able to discover a happy place to call home. It's nice that he is moving before he absolutely has to, so he becomes comfortable while maintaining his independence. Thanks for reminding me about the KB die set - I have a few of hers AND THEY ARE ALL STILL VIRGINS! What's with that? Wonderful card, Donna - and as always, you are so thoughtful and sweet. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card to celebrate your FIL's new home. I hope he settles in comfortably to his new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card, it's perfect for him. I know you will make him smile. Such good news about the move. My dad was over joyed to be in his new digs. Took all the pressure off to figure out what to eat, etc. Congrats to everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card design on the outside and when opened it is even more fantastic. I love it and although I don't do such creative works like this I surely love to see what others do. I still am a CAS type of card maker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I know how that can be, I am so glad that he has decided to take the move and that it didn't take him far away from all that he is use to, hopefully that will make the transition so much better.
    Love the layering on that bird, and the wonderful surprise when you open it, that die would be so nice, I made mine by measuring, that is not one of my favorite things :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What af difficult decision to make. It's very hard for Bruce and me remaining in our home but we cannot imagine that kind of change. Please tell him someone in Hawaii sends lots of hugs to him. That is an incredible card design!!! I can heard him bragging about your artistic talent to everyone he shows this to! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  8. The front is so warm and sweet with an amazing inside. Your FIL will treasure it....and show it off to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I was certain that I commented on this card. But the business of my house lately does not surprise me that I forgot. This will be a great welcome to a new journey for your father in law. With support and encouragement from family will make the move for him easier as it is a big step.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous designs. You know how I love interactive cards and anything KB. I love how you used the letters to spell home and the gingham paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card for a new adventure! Best wishes for your father-in-law in his new place.

    ReplyDelete