Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Double D, Tropical

Good Morning! 





A brand new Challenge is up and running over at the Double D Challenge Blog








Here is your Inspiration Tile:


I would have to say this is my favorite Challenge to date!   
Every year we are lucky enough to go away to Aruba, and damn it if those Palm Trees just don't make me HAPPY!  
Plus it's usually in the midst of a dreary dark cold winter....plus open bars....am I setting the stage???  lol


This card will be entered into the following Challenges:

Simon Says Monday, Make Your Own Background.
Simon Says Wednesday, Anything Goes!




Here is my card:


I used the Flourishes stamp set, Beach Life stamped in Amalgam Black ink 
and colored with Copic Markers.
I also did some sponging with Distress inks to create my sea and sky.
Typically I have a difficult time creating 'scenes' but I think I got the perspectives right.  I had to stamp the beach line 3 times, centered and then a bit more to the left and right, but I think it worked out well.





I added Glossy Accents to the sand bucket and beach ball.







Ahhhhh a tropical get away!!!

It's good for the soul!



Please come on over to the Double D Blog and join in all of the FUN!

You'll be glad you did as there is always a pretty prize up for grabs!  


Here's the prize for this Challenge:




Thanks for popping in!

Enjoy~~






16 comments:

  1. No wonder this is your favorite challenge! Donna, let’s make sand castles and decorate them with pretty seashells! Beautiful scene, and your gorgeous coloring done in soft distress-style tones is just incredible! Fan-tabulous creation! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should say your perspective of the beach is perfect my friend! What a serene scene you've created. Where's my fruity drink with the party umbrella??? I'll be right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! What a restful scene of the beach on a sunny warm day. Nothing more is needed, you have achieved the look and feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection! I want to be on this beach! Beautiful beach seen that I can picture myself in with no problem. Love the sky colors! Let's go, I'll drive...

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA!! What a fabulous scene you have created! VERY inviting and yes, you set the stage perfectly! I want to come sit & sip on that beach with you! LOL Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so much fun! Love the beach scene, your palm trees and the hammock. That's where I would want to be. lol I can feel the warm breeze! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful restful scene, myfriend. How much fun that it reminds you of your vacation place. Love texture you got for the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tropical scene. So restful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME beach scene. Love the background you created. This would be a very nice advertisement for Aruba. The only thing missing is the open bar. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely serene and beachy feel great tropical card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful beach scene, wonderful creation...wish I was there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will have to say you did a wonderful job on this scene, love the colors in the sky, the glossy accents, and your sandy beach! How great to get away from the cold every winter

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, I don't know HOW you did this. I am terrible at scene cards, so I admire this a LOT!!! You have really set the mood and gotten that beach and sky just right. Wish I was there.....this is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a stunning card Donna. Beautiful beach scene you have created with the gorgeous image and colors. I would love to be on that beach.

    ReplyDelete