Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Flowers And Butterflies

Good afternoon!  
The sun has actually made an appearance....twice today lol  
This has been one of the wettest and dreariest Springs I can recall.  And a bit chilly too!  
I suppose summer will appear like *snap*  
Hope we'll be ready for it!

I have 3 cards to share with you today!

This first one will be entered into the following Challenges;

Paper Smooches, May Flowers.
Stamping Sensations, English Garden.
Scrapy Land, Anything Goes!





I stenciled a PTI leafy design using Wild Wasabi ink for my background. 
 Added some texture with a Couture Creations Embossing Folder, Flint.
Paper Smooches; Foliage 1 & 3 dies, Sentiment Sampler stamp set.
Amalgam Black ink.





Gina K Designs, Birds And Blossoms stamp set.
Spellbinders Classic and Scallop Ovals dies.
Memory Box, Homespun Heart die, cropped--I made it into a little flower near the sentiment.
Frantic Stamper, Mix N Match Poppies dies.
Amalgam Black ink.





Foam Dots for dimension.
Black and White checked Ribbon.





Sentiment by Hero Arts, Everyday Sayings.





This card will be entered into the Challenge at Gina K Designs, Things With Wings.






I used the Gina K Designs stamp sets;  A Year Of Borders and Take Flight.
Stamped in Amalgam Black ink and colored with Copic Markers.
The front of the card is nothing special, just pretty little butterflies.......





BUT the inside.......POPS.......literally!




Using the Dies R Us Butterfly #2 set, I cut 7 butterflies in rainbow color.
Using Gina's Connect Glue, I adhered them all together in the rainbow order:  ROY G. BIV.
That Glue is AHmazing!!!

I also stamped a large butterfly and my sentiment.






It just POPS!  
And still folds flat for mailing.....pretty cool, huh??




My last card will be entered into the Impression Obsession Challenge, Blue and Yellow.



I used the Impression Obsession stamp and die sets; Hanging Basket.
I stamped the hanging basket in Amalgam Black ink.
Then just kept adding stamped flowers and foliage in all shades of blues and yellows.
Inks in; Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Pool Party and So Saffron.




I then die cut the hanging basket and placed it over my stamped one.
Stamped 3 of the larger flowers and fussy cut them out adding some foam for dimension.
Adhesive Pearl for the hanger, colored with a Copic Marker.
Stamped my sentiment and a few falling leaves.
Inside another little flower and leaves.





Layered my white panel on to blue, yellow and another white piece of card stock, 
then adhered to my base.



As I was playing with flowers and butterflies I had a little visitor....not sure if he should be out and about during the daylight hours.....and he definitely should not be heading under my deck.  YIKES!




Shouldn't he be playing 'possum' ?!?!



Thanks for popping in!

Enjoy~~


18 comments:

  1. Wow! These are all so wonderfully created. I just love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely cards Donna and especially like the blue and yellow together, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations 'English Country Garden' theme.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The cool, damp weather is giving you plenty of oppourtunities to make your beautiful cards. They're all lovely! The first card is so rich in texture and layers. The embossed and stenciled background is a double treat! The butterfly card is stunning!!!! I so want to try that. Did you follow a tutorial? And let's not forget that pretty hanging planter. Those are so popular right now and yours is beautiful. I hope the possum doesn't take up residence under your porch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful set of happy cards. We actually had a bit of snow last week! Crazy weather, great time to craft

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have one busy little card maker. Beautiful designs and each one so different. I love that butterfly stamp set and how you did the inside is a special surprise. I have not seen the stamp and die from IO but it sure is pretty filled with all the spring flowers. Finally I love the layout and layering of your celebrate card. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! I wouldn't want him living under my deck either! But I suppose they are just looking for space like the rest of us! Still, it isn't the best option, is it? I'm always surprised at how big our opossums are. And they certainly make a stinky mess at times! Donna, your cards are gorgeous, and the colors look amazing! Love the brightness of your photography, and the way you've taken different angles to help us better see these beauties! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work Donna.. not sure what that animal is coming from Oz but prob not fun.
    Cards are fun though..well done.
    Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Triple WOW!!! these are all gorgeous. The inside of the butterfly card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the gorgeous way you arranged the flowers and leaves in your first card, love the fun style of the sentiment too. Your butterfly card is such a fun surprise when it is open, like the rainbow of colors. Your hanging basket on the last one is just wonderful, such pretty stamping, Love it! We have had some possums here too, but like you said it is always at night, funny he was out during the day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous, every single one. I love what you did with the butterflies, great idea. I'm pinning. The hanging basket is so pretty, and so clever to have some leaves trailing down toward the bottom like the wind is blowing the basket. And your first card is stunning. I really like your colors and all the layers and texture. You have been busy, my dear. Everything is just beautiful.....even the Possum.!!! Good luck with him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards. Thank you for joining at stamping sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are all beautiful, as usual. I love how you finished the butterfly card on the inside....so creative and colorful! I have a possum story for you. We keep a recycle container outside by the backdoor. One night we heard a lot of rustling noise and when we checked, we found a big possum sitting in the middle of the recycle container. I always rinse things out before I put them in the box, but he must have been smelling something good. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards as always! Love the butterfly chain and the planter. Hope your visitor didn’t stay too long!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card. Thank you for joining us in our 'English Country Garden' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of your cards are beautiful! I love the card that you are entering in the Scrapy Land Challenge, such rich colors! The second one with the butterflies in the middle of the card is so pretty too! And the last one reminds me of the planters hanging from the porches in the summer! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapy Land Challenges #114!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...beautiful cards, Donna. I love your IO card with the basket of cheerful flowers. It would make anyone smile. Thanks for sharing and playing at the IO challenge. Join us again soon. Hugs, Lynda Joy

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have been a buys card maker or I have been a busy friend. It all adds up to you making tins of gorgeous cards and me not commenting on any of them. So Sorry, as you deserve more for your artistic work. Your cards are unique and so grand. I am so respectful of your art.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for playing along in the Just "Wing" It challenge!

    ReplyDelete