Monday, July 18, 2016

Cape Cod Views

Good Monday Morning!
 
I am on the Dies R Us Blog today!

I have created a couple of cards to share with you today, they feature the Large Madison Window die set by Poppy Stamps.  Unfortunately this particular die set is no longer available.....however you could easily substitute the Small Madison Window also by Poppy Stamps.  The die is just a tad smaller, but the outcome would be the same.
 
 
This is the inside view I created.  It simply uses the Window Die.  I created my beadboard by scoring every 1/4 inch using my Scor Pal.  A simple 1/2 inch strip of card stock to create my chair rail.  Anchor 'wallpaper' border, sentiment and anchor all stamped in Pacific Point ink by Reverse Confetti, Happy Harbor.  Lighthouse image by Gina K Designs, By The Sea colored with Copic markers.  Stickles added to create the 'light'.   


 
Here I have created my outside look.  This time I used the window, shutter, window box and foliage dies.  Which are all also included in the Small Madison Window die set.  I created my clapboards by scoring every 1/4 inch using my Scor Pal, this time horizontally. You can see a peek of the artwork hanging on the wall inside.  I filled my window box with starfish and sand dollars from an old Cuttlebug die I had in my stash.  BUT there are still many dies to choose from in the Dies R Us Store. 
 
Here are two of my favorites: 
 
Impression Obsession
Mini Shell Set
 
Trimcraft
Beach
 
 

 
Just another Cape Cod View.

These cards will also be entered in the Challenge at Simon Says Wednesday, Create A Scene.
 

Don't forget to join in all of the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st & 15th of each month, with a gift voucher prize to one lucky winner.
And in case you were wondering, why YES we do have a  FB Page and PINTEREST Page.  Come check us out!
 

 
 

13 comments:

  1. Both amazing cards Donna, they are works of art! I love the nautical feel of them both, and the views through the windows of the lighthouses are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Donna! The view from both sides of the windows are stunning. I love your beadboard and "wallpaper" border. So clever! The window box filling is fabulous too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fantastic, but I am over the moon about the window box filled with sand dollars and star fish! Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Donna, Donna, Donna ... I LOVE both of these cards! I'm always so impressed with your style and designs! Love that beadboard ... so clever! And the fact that one is looking out and one is looking in REALLY warmed my heart! FANTASTIC in every regard ... you are such an inspiration to me lady ... so glad you are on the team! You are one FABULOUS inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming and dazzling cards with such clever elements. Yes, I am talking about the filled window box. Such a clever idea and I love it. I pinned both of these. You have done an admirable job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A little 'birdie' told me to come over and look at these cards today and I can see why, they are beautiful!! Love your creativeness!! Always fun to visit here and see what you are up to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am casing this LOL I stopped and pulled out my new window die and KSS lighthouse. Love these

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, these are AMAZING! The glow you got with that lighthouse is just spectacular....I feel like I am looking at a beautiful sunset. What a treat it would be to look out my window and see that every night (not morning, because as you know I'm not up then...lol.) You have outdone yourself here, both cards are just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, these are AMAZING!!! Love the wallpaper border, beadboard and awesome window box you created.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, Donna! These could NOT be any gorgeous-er! I can say that, right? Your designs are incredible and this one makes me feel as though I'm walking down the beach with you, enjoying the sunshine and salty breeze, and picking up our choices of shells and polished stones. Your sunset/sunrise backgrounds bring such visual interest! Sigh. I want to come live with you LOL Thanks for sharing your beauties! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these are such awesome and intricate designs! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Create a Scene” Challenge! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous, Fabulous and more FABULOUS. Love the window box full of seashells and the glorious lighthouse scenes. How clever to do one from the outside looking in at the pretty wall hanging, and the other looking out at the glorious view. You are showing off your genius again.

    ReplyDelete