Saturday, April 25, 2015

Calm Seas & Smooth Sailing

Good Saturday Morning!  Hope this finds you all well.

My card will be entered into the Challenge at Mod Squad Blog, Encouragement.

 
I made the background by using the 'watercolor paper and smooshing' technique, I believe that is the technical term.  It's when you place inks on your acrylic block, mist with water, and then smoosh it on to watercolor paper.  When I did this it looked like a stormy sea scene to me, so I went with it.  The image is by Inspired By Stamping, Pirates. The sentiment is from Gina K Designs, Enjoy The Sunshine, a great match!  Spellbinders Classic and Scallop Circle dies.  Holes were made with my Crop-A-Dile, Ribbon Tabs, and Enamel Dots for accents.
 
A fun masculine card.
 
Thanks so much for popping in, I am glad you did!
 
Enjoy~~  


7 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try that background technique. It looks great! Love your color choices. That pirate ship is fantastic! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have really mastered that background. LOVE the colors you have used, beautiful stormy sea and sunset sky. And that awesome ship - LOVE that ship, all ghostly and ethereal. Super card, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your smooshed background. It looks like a wild and story sea indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo; I'm lovin this one. Stormy seas and ghostly ship.....perfect together

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doe indeed look like a stormy sky. Love the ship stamp. It looks like it has been through some tough storms so perfect for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great masculine card. Your background is perfect with that image!! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the background and the perfect image.

    ReplyDelete