Friday, October 10, 2014

Hodgkin's Lymphoma Violet Ribbon

As I was making this card I received some wonderful news.....my niece who was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, announced she was in COMPLETE REMISSION!!!  She never lost her courage or spirit and come the end of November (her last treatment!) she can wrap this chapter of her life in a pretty little bow and close the book!  AMEN!

Here is my card, which will be entered into the Challenge at Simon Says Wednesday, Water Colors, CASology, Splatter and a Stamp TV Challenge, Many Colors (a Stamp Out Cancer Challenge).    

 
I used water color pencils to color the stamped image, from the Strength And Hope set, by Gina K Designs.  Cut the image out using Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Oval dies.  The background was created by putting craft paint on an old toothbrush and 'splattering' it all over the card stock....one of my most favorite techniques!  The card measures 4.25 x 4.25. 
 
I can't wait til she gets this card.....I don't even care if she burns it!  WHAHOO!!!
 
Thanks so much for joining me in this FANTASTIC news!!!
 
Enjoy~~




6 comments:

  1. So glad that you're nice is ok! Thank you Lord! She will definitely love your gorgeous creation! Have a Blessed day! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your niece is doing well. I am sure she will love your card.,

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news! I am so happy for you and your niece. Beautiful card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS!!!! Your niece will love it. And such awesome news about her conquering cancer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for remission, she will LOVE this, I adore all of the care that goes into this! Thanks for sharing with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant news about your niece and I love your card.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete