Friday, October 4, 2013

A Little Sketchy

Today's card is for the MIUM Sketch Challenge over at Stamp TV AND the Simon Says Monday Challenge, Say It With Stamps, where the sentiment/phrase shines through!


I chose to turn the Sketch on it's side, and here is what I came up with:

 
I used the Poster Board Sentiments stamp set from Gina K Designs.   The Designer Paper is from S-E-I, Dill Blossom......love the colors this paper pack has to offer.  I cut the flower out with a Sizzix folded die, that cuts AND embosses at once, Old Country Bloom.  I am so happy I FINALLY remembered to use my Scor-Bug Embossing Tool.  So quick and easy, I just placed the orange card stock on my scoring pad and lined the tool up in the groove where you would normally use your bone folder/scoring tool.  Adds such a nice even border.  Easy Peasy!  I cropped the FRIEND off  one of the stamps and made it into a little tag.  Added a button and some twine to complete the card.
 
 
PLENTY of time still left to play on BOTH Challenges.  I suggest you check them out!
 
And as always........ENJOY!!!  

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful sweet pea! Love the bg paper too and I love the sentiment and the flower and the little tag! Almost time for the Gina k. sale! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius! Turned it on the side works great! Wish I had thought of that cause this is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Such pretty dp's and flower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! Love the sentiment! Very empowering! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Donna and a great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete