Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Vitamin Sea

Donna Phelan back again.

Today is actually my Hubby's birthday, but I am not sharing a birthday card with you lol  Go figure! 
I do however have a Nautical Beach type Masculine card to share.  




I Need Vitamin Sea






How to create a wood grained background.

Inks in; Teal Blue, Dove Grey and Timber Brown.



For my Nautical Wood Grained Backgrounds I always use a Blue hue.  I love the weathered look you can achieve with this color.  My background paper measures 4 x 5 1/4 inches and I score it every 1/2 inch.  Then I just swipe my ink pads directly to the scored paper several times in each color until I get the result I like.  My Tag is die cut using the Tutti Designs Nesting Stitched Tags.  This I scored every 1/4", and inked in the same manner as my background paper.  The Tag has been layered 3 times on White and Navy card stock.  




Using the Cheery Lynn Lighthouses I die cut it 3 times and adhered all together, this creates a wonderful chipboard like piece. I then backed it with some Gold Glitter Paper to show each light. 
This is a fabulous die set, it has TWO Lighthouses in different sizes,
a great buy for your money! 
My Anchor is by Sizzix, it was an old one I had in my stash.  But the Dies R Us Store has so many of them to choose from, click HERE.  Adding a Ribbon Tab and an Eyelet to my Tag for accents, I also Heat Embossed my sentiment in White Powder. 
Inside I stamped an anchor in Teal Blue.




This card will also be entered into the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge, Anything Goes!



Here's What I Used:


Tutti Designs - Dies - Nesting Stitched Tags





Cheery Lynn Designs - Lighthouses (Set of 2)






Thanks for popping in!

Enjoy~~




Come join in all of the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us StoreFor your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.







11 comments:

  1. This card is simply awesome. I have never seen Stayzon used to sponge a background, love the colors you have used. Great idea to use a tag on top of the card base and then do the wood paneling technique on both, LOVE that too. Really showcases the lighthouse with the mats behind. Just an awesome card. Happy birthday, Tom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the weathered look that you got on your wood panel from the three colors. Adding the lighthouse and anchor dies are so masculine. They make a great nautical scene. Your sentiment is the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous masculine card and your background is awesome with the colors you have used, looks like you made your own designer paper right out of a 6 x 6 pad of paper...pretty darn cool!! And what a fun fun sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful creation! LOVE your background! Perfect for your nautical theme ... very creative and fabulous! And, I too LOVE that sentiment ... PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific wood background here, love the colors you used and I so agree with that sentiment, nice warm beach by the sea sounds terrific right about now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is so cool! Great design and colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Donna! I just love the way you make your weathered board background. I need to pin this for future inspiration because I never think of it. You're always an inspiration to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful design. I love the light house as the focal image and that sentiment is soo cute. Always a fan of the wood background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy, could I use some Vitamin Sea! Super cute card...love the wood grain background and the beautiful lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is AWESOME!! love the background you created...which is perfect for the light house. Great masculine card

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic masculine card! Great background, thank you for the
    tutorial ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete