Wednesday, September 14, 2016

What's That You Say?

Happy Wednesday!

I'm hosting this week's Challenge at the Mod Squad Blog!  Come on over and join in all of the fun and play along!



Challenge
This week's Challenge is, 
 
 
What's That You Say? 
To use a sentiment as your focal point.
 
 
Remember if you do not follow the challenge, your entry will not qualify for the prize.  


  This Weeks Sponsor is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps
http://cas-ualfridaysstamps.com/
 
All the stamps and Fri-Dies are designed by Michele , and are based on her love for Clean And Simple design, hence the CAS in CAS-ual. However, they will delight any stamper's style! Whether you are a CAS enthusiast or a lover of Utterly Adorable Layers, you will have a blast getting inky with them. 
The stamps are made in the USA of the finest clear photopolymer, and the coordinating line of wafer thin dies are also made in the USA.

  2 Prizes
2 - $15 Gift Certificate each to the STORE
 
 

 
Here's my 1st card
 

 
I saw a beautiful card on Pinterest by Yoonsun Hur and wanted to try my hand at it I used the sentiment from Wonderful Words and the Lotus Flower image from Mon Ami with matching die Mon Ami Fleur.  To create my background I used a damp sponge paint brush and just painted on some Daffodil Delight ink, moving back and forth across my card stock.  Flower colored with Copic Markers, sentiment stamped in Black Licorice ink.  Crystal Drops in Dandelion Yellow and mini Adhesive Rhinestones for accents. 
 
My 2nd card
 
 
 
This card uses the Casual Comfort image and sentiments from Mon Ami and the Love Ya die.  I stamped my images in Pink Pirouette ink and centered my smaller sentiment.  Then lining up my Love Ya die I cut that from my stamped background, making sure I kept every little bit of die cut, positive and negative.  Then I cut the Love Ya die 4 more times from pale pink card stock. 
 

 
 
I adhered my background panel to a layer of pale pink card stock and then to my card stock base.  This makes it much easier to layer the die cut parts back into the negative space.  Make sure you layer the stamped cut last.
 
 

 
 
It adds a nice POP to the card.
 
 

 
 
A strip of Designer Paper and a few randomly (wink, wink) placed sequins for accents.
 
 
So let's see AND hear what your cards have to say!
 

 
 
You'll find all the info you need to know at the Mod Squad Blog

7 comments:

  1. WOW!! Both cards are fabulous but that 2nd card really had me reading and thinking ... can't wait to give that a try ... looks awesome! Great job and as always ... awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, Miss Donna! Lovely yellow background - thanks for sharing how you made it. Did you swish the paint across regular white CS, or did you use glossy? It's a lovely design, especially with the delicately colored flower. Your second card is delightful and interesting with that "ghosting" effect on the sentiment! Two great design ideas for featuring the sentiments. Thanks for the inspiration, Donna! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! I love both cards, especially the second one. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the background on the first card, and such a pretty design on the second, like how you did the sentiment on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, love, love these cards!!! That yellow one is just so sunny and cheery. Great design with the background and then that greeting as the focal. And the color on the other one is just gorgeous, love how you did the greeting there too. GENIUS!!! Great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are both so lovely!! I totally love the yellow striped card. The hidden message card is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete