Monday, September 1, 2014

Pumpkin Patch And Pleasant Trees

Good Morning!  It is September 1st and I couldn't be happier!  We had an overnight rain, cooler temps this morning and I don't have to water my gardens.  Simple Pleasures and Pleasant Trees!  lol  When I first read this sentiment, I have to be honest, it took me a minute or two to 'get it'.  Funny!

Today's card is for the Stamp TV August Release Challenge, Texture, Texture, Texture and for the Simon Says Monday Boldly Go Into Stamptember

 
I used the Falling For You and Heartfelt stamp sets from Gina K Designs, just PERFECT for this time of year!   I stamped the fence on Designer Paper and then fussy cut it out, I also layered it on a piece of chipboard to make it nice and sturdy.  The pumpkins and trees are colored with Copic Markers and also fussy cut out.  Using a Fiskars Grass punch I layered rows and rows of grass to give the card more depth, more texture and to have a soft place for my pumpkin patch to land.  The sentiment was stamped and cut using a Spellbinders Tag Trio die.  I also sponged ink on to the border and dotted outline.  A little strip of brown card stock fed through my corrugator to add even more texture.  I used the Swiss Dots on the trees and the Wood Grain on the fence Embossing Folders.  A little ribbon added to hold the tag in place.  And the ever present original envelope! 
 
I must say this was a very FUN card to make and one that welcomes in Fall....it's almost here!  WHAHOO!!!
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks so much for popping in.  Happy (almost) Fall Y'All!
 
Enjoy~~


15 comments:

  1. Great colors on this one! Love the pumpkins peeking up from the grass and those pretty trees. Great idea to emboss them. I am so ready for Fall.....this makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You left no "paper" undone. There is texture everywhere. Fabulous job. I can just see you on your craft room, paper flying every place. and then when the dust settles, you had this beauteous card. ( didn't mean your house was dusty) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colours and great design Donna

    I've just linked mine on Simon Says

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous fall card! Loving the fence ,the pumpkins, the trees and the grass they are all very beautifully colored too! Happy Almost fall you guys ! As we say it in the Midwest! Have a Blessed evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Donna! Love the fun fall scene that you created! Thanks so much for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card. Love your trees and all the pretty papers. Great little scene, and your sentiment is just so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Autumn scene. You really used some neat papers to compile it and of course, love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous fun card Donna! Love that pretty fall scene you've created with the trees, grasses and pumpkins and LOVE all the texture you put in. Beautifully done as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding Fall card Donna...I love the multiple layers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome fall call card. I love all the texture, especially the two-tone grass. I just pinned it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, this card is simply delightful!! Love all the layers and your
    wonderful fence and grass! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! So much dimension and color, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Donna! Love your fence and lay out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your fall card Donna! Love the different shades of grass and the multiple layers!!

    ReplyDelete